Monday, April 15, 2013

What to do when...

This weekend was a rough weekend on me and my lifestyle change. On Saturday I went to the Blue Bonnet Festival. If you have ever been to a festival or carnival you know how impossible it is to eat healthy. There were nachos, funnel cakes, turkey legs, sausage on a stick, BBQ sandwiches, hot dogs, you know all the good stuff that's HORRIBLE for you! I ended up eating a BBQ sandwich and my mom got a small bag of Kettle Corn and I had some of that with her and my grandma. I think that considering my options I didn't do too badly. I had water, no cokes. (which is a HUGE deal for me)

On Sunday I went to church (I didn't have breakfast before, oops!) When I left church I was so hungry and I wanted to go run thru a fast food place. Then my sweet friend Lauren posted on my Facebook asking how my lifestyle change is going. She helped to keep me accountable and I went home and I had some meat and veggies for lunch. That evening we went to dinner for my husbands birthday. We went to a burger joint down on the Sea Wall in Galveston. I had no idea what to get there. I decided to get just a plain burger. We split an order of fried pickles between 4 people and also split a brownie delight.

Now my question is what do you do when life happens? What do you do when you go to a festival? Or its someone's birthday? I know that I could have made the choice to get a salad at the restaurant, and that was a bad decision I made. I was talking to my sister, Tiffany, this morning and she was telling me that I should take snacks with me, fruits, veggies, then I wont ever be with out food and "forced" to make an unhealthy decision. I am going to start taking healthy snacks with me when I leave the house so hopefully that helps. If you have any suggestions on what to do when life happens please let me know. :o)

I also want to thank each and every one of you for your support and encouragement. It means so much to me. This is a scary but exciting journey I am on and I appreciate you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment