Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What the heck is this blog about????

Hey y'all. My name is Tabitha. I am a 24 year old mother and wife. I live in the Houston area (GO TEXANS!!!!) and am ready to make a change in my life!!!

I have struggled with weight for quite some time now. My husband and I got married in August of 2009. When we got married I was 160lbs. For me, at that time, I was HUGE. I didn't exercise I smoked a pack a day and I never saw that I was starting on a slippery slope to not being active. I no longer smoke (been tobacco free for 1 year 8 months Whoot Woot) but I am still not active.

After my husband and I got married we moved to Flagstaff AZ. I like to blame a lot of my weight gain on my husbands family. When we moved to Flag we lived with my in laws, this gringa ate so much amazing authentic Mexican food it is unreal! I know its not my in-laws fault for me refusing to watch now much I ate, but goodness maybe things wouldn't be so bad if they were bad cooks (just kidding, I would have found the food somewhere else)

I continued to gain weight over the course of the next 2 and a half years then I found out I was pregnant in January of 2012 I weighed 195lbs, and still was not active. Since my body wasn't used to a lot of exercise I wasn't able to safely exercise while I was pregnant. I walked a lot but there was no weight training, cardio, or anything other than walking around the mall. Not only was I unable to exercise I continued to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I used the baby as an excuse to eat any and everything.

When I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl in September 2012 I was 215lbs. Since September I haven't exercised, watched what I ate or made a change. I am now at 205lbs. While all this weight gain has gone on I have done absolutely nothing to change it, yet I will sit in front of the mirror with so much hate for myself and how I have let myself go.

So now its April 2013, its time for a change and I am sticking to it. I want to feel sexy again. I want to be healthy. I want to set an example for my daughter on what a positive self esteem is like. So, this blog is an account of my struggles, of my goals, of my victories in weight loss and a healthy life style!! Feel free to comment. I need your help to keep me accountable!!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Tabitha! This is a wonderful idea. Reaching your weightloss goal is always a roller coaster of emotion and without accountability and support from love ones around you it can almost be impossible, almost. I'm working on getting certified to be a Health Coach. It's going to be a process but I'd love you help you along the way :) My first bit of advice is to come up with two goals. One short term goal and one long term. I'm not sure your knowledge on nutrition but I'd love to help you there if you need it. Remember- diet is a four letter word. If you look at it as you're "on a diet" that implies you'll be getting off "a diet" and go back to where you were. Everyone has a diet, its either a healthy one or not so much. It's a lifestyle change and you can do it!! You quit smoking! Not easy... You're a wonderful wife! Not easy... You're a FANTASTIC, patient, loving mom. NOT EASY!

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete