Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Goals

Since I have decided to make a life style change I have been thinking over what my goals are. I only had a long term goal but after some advice from a friend (thanks Vanessa) I have made some short term goals.

The more that I thought about the short term goals the more I believed I can actually do this. You don't wake up and say I'm going to run a marathon today if you have never run before you start out by learning then setting small goals. Running a mile, then your first 5K, 10K, half marathon, then your first marathon. It takes time and it takes conditioning.

As of right now I am not putting my self on a time line to accomplish my goals. I feel like I am taking on so much right now I don't want burn out. But I do know that my long term goal is to get to 150lbs!! That means I will lose 53lbs!!! Its a lot but I do believe I can make it. :o)

My first short term goal is to get to my pre-baby weight!! Before I got pregnant with Gummy Bear I weighed 195lbs. My first goal is only 8lbs from where I am now. I know its not a lot but you have to start somewhere.

After I get to my pre-pregnancy weight my next goal would be to get to 180lbs!! I would be about half way to my goal. YAY!!!! The next goal would be 160, my wedding weight! Then we would finally make it to 150.

A lot of people might still think that 150 is big for a young girl who is only 5'4". I'm not striving to be rail thin. I'm striving to be healthy. Not only to have a healthy body but to also have a healthy mindset.

So far, I'm off to a good start. I have been able to make healthier choices and reduce how much I am eating. Late nights aren't easy for me. I just want to snack but with the help of my supportive (and oh, so sexy) hubby I haven't indulged!

4 comments:

  1. Great goals! I like how you have not put a timeline yet. 8lbs is a great first goal. Late night snacking is one of my bad habits. I usually kick it by chugging some water, having a fruit or veggie or just going to bed! lol.

    Lots of people mistake thirst for hunger. If you're feeling hungry late at night try a glass of water. Drinking the right amount of water at the beginning of your weightloss will really get things jump started. (Divide your weight in half and thats how many ounces you should drink a day.)

    There is a Facebook page called Fit Chicks. You should add them and share your blog there. You'll probably get lots of support and advice.

    You're doing great! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cool I will look into it!!! What you said is exactly what Carlos was saying last night. He gave me a bottle of water when I was complaining about food. I am trying to drink lots of water. its going ok. it is just so very hard to stop drinking all the diet coke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Tabitha! Starting small makes it achievable. The water is so helpful. You should check out the little note I shared on my Facebook page a day or so ago about how bad artificial sweetener (diet coke) is for you. It can actually hinder what you're working so hard toward :( I don't know what or how you're eating but small snacks between meals will really help too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennifer!!! I didn't read it but I will. :o) I am eating when I'm hungry but trying to stick to small things like carrots and celery!

    ReplyDelete