Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The first day of the rest of my life...

The first thing I did this morning when I woke up was weigh myself. I wanted to see exactly how much I weigh... 203!!!! There was not a bit of clothing on me... I am trying to make that number as low as possible.

Well now we know where I stand. I am not sure exactly what to eat so I have been doing some research. I have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Which sucks for me because I HATE eating breakfast!! I also know that I need to drink a lot of water, not such a bad thing but cutting out my 4-5 Diet Cokes a day is going to be rough.

I know that all these changes will be hard but I am conditioning myself to be healthier. I need to view my weight loss the same way I viewed smoking. I quit because I wanted to be around for a long time. I want to grow old with my husband, I didn't want to get lung cancer, I wanted to be able to go for walks with him with out feeling like I was going to collapse because I couldn't breathe, I wanted to not stink. Now all the same things apply to weight loss. I want to lose weight because I want to be healthy. I want to live a long life and get to watch our daughter grow up and I want to grow old with my husband. I don't want medical problems such as diabetes, heart problems, cholesterol problems etc. I want to enjoy going out and doing active things with my family. I want to look in the mirror and think, "Dang I look GOOD!!!"

So the plan is, Gummy Bear (our daughter) and I are going to go to the grocery store and get some healthy food. I will get things to make smoothies for breakfast, and get easy to make but healthy lunch items. I will make sure to get lots of fresh fruits and veggies for snacks!!! After all our grocery shopping Gummy Bear and I will go for a long walk... I might even try to run some.

So here I go on the first day of the rest of my life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment