Thursday, May 16, 2013

I'll be up in the gym, just workin on my fitness...

I went to the neurosurgeon on Wednesday and I got some GREAT news, my back isn't in need of immediate surgery. I was really worried about needing surgery and not being able to exercise at all. The doctor told me he wanted me to go see another doctor about steroid shots in my back and to try a chiropractor and continue the weight loss and exercise program I have started. The doctor said that these attempts at fixing the problem might help but they might not and if nothing works to give me relief then I will go back to him and consider surgery.

So right now I am trying my best to get into the gym and build strength and lose weight in hopes that this will permanently fix my back. I have gone to the gym twice since I got my membership 3 days ago. I am loving it!! Gummy Bear loves the child watch, which is making things so easy on me.

My plan is to go to the gym at least 3 times a week if not more. I love doing the group exercise classes. For me the group classes make me work out without the pressure on me to come up with my own routine. Not to mention they are just FUN!!

At the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 9 they have Zumba. I love Zumba, this white girl doesn't have any rhythm, but I love shakin what my mama gave me. Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9 they have spinning. So 5 days a week I can get some serious cardio in with group exercise.

I am determined and ready to get healthy and I am committed to this lifestyle change. So here we go tomorrow will be my first day of Zumba there, wish me luck as I go and shake my money maker!!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could go with you!! That sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so much fun. I don't have a gym buddy. Just little ole me all alone. If only we lived close!!!

    ReplyDelete